This January just passed, I had the privilege of working at the Australian Open in Information Services, and rather than boring everybody with the details of my everyday tasks, I decided that I would just compile a list of the best questions that myself and colleagues were asked throughout the tournament. Please enjoy and I do apologize if you were one of the people who asked these bizarre questions..
1. When is the Opening Ceremony?
A: You’re at the wrong event sweetheart.
2. When are Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt coming to the tennis?
A. I am so sorry but I haven’t seen the most recent copy of their schedule.
3. What match are they going to see?
A. Are they even coming….?
4. How do I get to New Zealand?
5. Where is Werribee Zoo?
6. Do they talk on the Australian Open Grounds Tour?
A. No I’ve heard it’s more of a miming tour..
7. What is the theme of the Australian Open Grounds tour?
A. I cannot be sure but definitely not the Australian Open.
8. Can you ask Channel 7 to broadcast a birthday message to my sister before the Australian Open final?
A. Sure I will give them a call.
9. What is the fastest animal?
A. Rafael Nadal?
10. What language do they speak in Switzerland….. How do you know?
A. I think they speak a few languages…. Because Federer told me so.